Sunday, April 25, 2010

I Went For A Jog This Morning (But I didn’t really mean to)

I’m sure that we’ve all experienced this, its’ just one of the laws of nature, where you are super comfortable in bed, snoozing the night away (hopefully, anyhow) and then you feel it: you have to go to the bathroom. Dang it! You’ve got that sweet spot in bed all formed perfectly for your body, the blankets are perfectly snuggled around your body and now you have to get up in the wee hours of the morning with it feeling like it’s 30 below so that you can go to the bathroom. I HATE it when that happens! Maybe some of you are like me and you try your best to ignore it by turning on your side or on your back, but, eventually, the inevitable happens and you HAVE to get out of bed. Well, that happened to me last night.

That tale in and of itself is not that big of a deal, in fact, that children’s book “Everybody Poops” should have a sister book called “Everybody Tinkles”, but, anyway, I’m straying off topic, so let me get refocused. All right, so I give in to the unavoidable, all of my mid-night potty ignoring tricks exhausted, and get out of bed to use the facilities. However, my brain or my ears (it’s still being discussed amongst my different doctors about which one is causing the problems, so I don’t know) have decided that Christine is going to be COMPLETELY unbalanced for her short trip to the powder room (literally, it’s 10 feet away) and away I go, head-first, barreling my way across the hall to the bathroom. It’s like I was in an Olympic sprinting race and I was leaning forward so that I could win by the proverbial nose! How I managed to make it into the bathroom without killing myself or knocking a noggin-sized hole into the wall is a miracle!

So, I finish with what goes on in the powder room and then proceed to stumble my way back to my bedroom, slightly in more control over my balance but not by much, and get back into bed. Unfortunately this whole mini-marathon run has totally gotten my head going all haywire, so it took a few minutes to get my head around the fact that I was lying still, that neither I, nor the earth were moving and that I could relax and go back to sleep and SLEEP I did!

Want to know what I dreamt about? That I was sleeping on my parents’ old waterbed and that someone was making it slosh around. ::sigh:: I guess there’s just no rest for the dizzy.

3 comments:

  1. So when is it you go back to find out if its your ears? You said you had appointment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you didn't fall and break something...like your head. I guess it is kind of broken right now though, huh?-Mary

    ReplyDelete