Saturday, May 22, 2010

Who Let In the Insane Butcher?

We all know that I take more medication than my 90 year old grandmother, we’ve established that I’ve reached senior citizenship before I’ve even reached middle age; but, putting that aside, I have been put on a new medication for my “migraines” and, so far, it seems as though it’s doing it’s job. Well, let me qualify that, it seems to be doing it’s job during the day, it’s at night—well, at the wee hours of the morning (4am)—that it loses it’s effectiveness. For the last three nights I have been woken up out of a dead sleep with THE most horrendous stabbing pain in my head that it brings me to tears. It’s like some psycho killer butcher has come into my room with his butcher knife and stabbed me in the left side of my head. It’s the kind of pain that is so bad that you would not wish it on your worst enemy. It leaves me with no choice but to take a strong medication that will knock me out for hours (I don’t end up waking up until after 11am) and it throws off my entire day because I’ve slept away half of the day. It really stinks because it throws off my medication schedule, my daily walk schedule…it just messes everything up, not just for me, but for my whole family because everything has to be scheduled around me. I feel like such a burden sometimes and it makes me really sad…I try not to feel sad because I know that my family knows that I can’t help it, but it’s still really hard not to feel that way.

Today I called my primary doctor to discuss this 4am headache issue and it took all day for her to tell me it’s a Neurology issue, so then I had to call and leave a message with Neurology. He called me back within a few minutes only to tell me that I’ve only been on the meds for a little over a week, so continue taking it like I have been and if the 4am butcher visit continues, then up the dose to 2 pills twice a day and see if that helps, so I pretty much wasted my day waiting for nothing. So, with that in my mind, I am going to bid you all farewell and hope that the 4am butcher stays away and that I will get a good night’s sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment