Thursday, June 3, 2010

Hug Me…I Won’t Break…I Promise

Ok, I get it; people are sometimes scared of hugging other people that are sick. It’s understandable. Generally speaking, people who are sick are frail and weak; and, while I am weak, I am by no means frail. Have you ever seen me?! I’m beefy!! I’ve lost at least 36 pounds during this illness, but I am not frail, so you can still give me a hug, I’m not going to snap in two!

Everyone also needs to remember that I’m not contagious either. Whatever it is that I have, you CANNOT catch, so don’t worry about getting sick from me; it’s not going to happen! The verdict is still out whether it is an inner ear or brain issue, but we’re pretty sure it’s a brain issue [insert joke here]. There are just too many other factors going on for it to be an inner ear problem, but I am having an MRI on Monday aimed specifically at my inner ears (who even knew they did that?!) and then I’m having a ENG/VNG test done on Tuesday to REALLY test if it’s my inner ears. Between those two tests we’ll know for sure whether my ears are involved at all and then we’ll go from there.

I’ve been told that the ENG/VNG test will make my symptoms worse for two reasons: (1) I have to go off of my meds for 48 hours before the test and (2) the testing itself involves movements that may cause my symptoms to get worse, so please remember to pray for me on Tuesday. I’m not looking forward to it…AT ALL! I can handle the MRI on Monday, that’s cake compared to the ENG/VNG test the next day.
I’ve already started weaning myself off of my meds, hence the early morning blog. My sleeping pattern is all messed up, but I’m dealing with it. If you come out for a visit and I fall asleep in the middle of the conversation, don’t take it personally, it’s just because I cannot help it. I don’t even realize I’ve fallen asleep sometimes, so I get just as frustrated.

Well, that’s it for now. Just thought that I would give a little update since I hadn’t written in a while.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine,
    I am praying for you daily and thinking of you often. Praying for answers and healing, my little friend. Teresa F

    ReplyDelete