Saturday, June 5, 2010

Struggling…Suffering….But Getting Through

This week has been a really rough one for me. I am having an MRI on Monday that will be focused in on my inner ears to see if there are tumors or malformations of the boney structures of my ears. Then, on Tuesday, I will be having a test called a VNG test (Google it); which requires me to be completely off of all of my medication 48 hours before the test, so tonight is my last night taking my meds until after the test on Tuesday. I am already struggling. I’m having a hard time walking, talking, and focusing. I tend to doze off and cry a lot because I am in pain with a migraine, but there is nothing that I am allowed to take for it except Advil, which barely touches it; but I am getting through.

Please remember me in prayer because, as much as I am putting up a front and really am pushing to get through it, I am having a hard time. They said they VNG test will make my symptoms worse, so that means Barf City USA here I come, yippe skipee! On a good note: I’ve dropped 40lbs, but the means by which I have lost the pounds aren’t good, but, hey, at least I’m getting skinnier!

I am also now a published freelance writer online on a sight called suite101.com. You kinda have to fish around to find me. I’ve had 4 articles published so far and am working on my 5th one right now. Like my blog, I have to work on Word so that I can make the font big enough for me to see the words on the screen because my sight is so bad, but at least I’m getting something accomplished.

Don’t be surprised if you see me in a wheelchair tomorrow. I just cannot walk long distances anymore. My balance, on or off the medication, has gotten so bad that I run the risk of being flat on my face, so a wheelchair and I have become friends. See y’all tomorrow….hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment